Custom Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody
Monoclonal antibodies are traditionally raised in mice and rats; however, rabbit monoclonals can present many advantages:
- In cases where the target protein is highly conserved between mice and humans or it can be recognized as self-antigen by mice, MédiMabs offer the alternative of raising the monoclonal antibodies in rabbits.
- Rabbits present the advantages of an improved immune response to small epitopes and the recognition of a more diverse range of epitopes with better response to mouse antigens.
- Studies have demonstrated that rabbits can produce high titers of high-affinity antibodies against many antigens that are not particularly immunogenic in mice.
Due the lack of a suitable fusion partner, rabbit monoclonal antibodies are much more difficult to develop compared to mouse or rat’s. MédiMabs circumscribes this problem by offering the Recombinant Monoclonal Antibody Technology (RMAT). This innovative technology screens the immune repertoire of the rabbit creating the power to select the desired antibody directly from B cells.
The RMAT technology provides:
- High affinity antibodies without the traditional cell fusion step
- Recombinant antibody ensuring preservation of genetic information
- Both a monoclonal and polyclonal end product
- Production of valuable antibodies against different epitopes on the same antigen.
Let us tailor the RMAT services to meet your individual project needs Please, contact us. to obtain more information